About Associated Housewrights
Founded in 1992, Associated Housewrights began as team of three craftsmen experienced in the building trades, science, technology, and business. In our early years, our three partners designed, specified, estimated, and built each and every project themselves, focusing on restoration, remodeling, and expansions for older homes in Madison’s well-established neighborhoods.
As our reputation for thorough design and skilled execution grew, so did our company. By the late 90s, the partners began to devote themselves primarily to project development, design, and oversight. We added staff and developed strong working relationships with area specialists in the building trades — carpenters, architectural and interior design consultants, cabinet makers and millwork experts, to name a few. Over the next fifteen years, the Housewrights continued to work with clients who appreciate creativity and high design. Along the way, we held ourselves and our team of subcontractors to high standards for smart planning, solid craftsmanship, and respectful, clear, open communication.
In 2015, his partners retired, and Matt Speer became sole owner of Associated Housewrights. With one foot in design and the other in fostering a supportive, thriving work environment, Matt is leading us forward in strengthening our skills, deploying our creativity, and produce work we feel proud of.
- We approach our work, our clients, and each other with integrity and professionalism.
- We hold ourselves to high standards for respectful, clear, open communication.
- Working collaboratively with our clients and each other.
- We consistently challenge ourselves to do our best work.
- We foster a supportive, thriving work environment that enables each of us to strengthen our skills, deploy our creativity, and produce work we feel proud of.
Ready to love your home even more than you already do?
- Dane Arts / Arts & Science Council
- Dane County Habitat for Humanity
- Foundation for Madison Public Schools
- The Wisconsin AIDS Ride